Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Anthro trip: the dresses

I went to one of the Anthro stores in Charlotte yesterday, and was really excited that I was getting to go on a sale day. However, I ended up trying on mostly full price items! The sale selection was busting, but there was nothing that went on sale on my wishlist. Onto the pics/reviews! 



LOVE 
Wearing: Size 4

At first, I wasn't going to try this on, knowing that I had one on its way to me (which ended up not being the case). I finally decided to try it, thinking that if my usual size 4 didn't work, I would know what size to exchange it for...or whether to just send it back if it didn't work. Oh my, did I fall in LOVE with this dress! It is the most perfect dress that was ever created in the history of the world. This made it 10x harder, though, to find that my package was lost when I got home :( Btw, my hand looks odd because I was holding the belt closed...I just couldn't get it to snap closed by myself and I was in too much of a hurry to take the pic :)


LIKE
Wearing: Size 4

This color is absolutely beautiful. I am all about the oranges this season! The lace detailing is also beautiful. Unfortunately, the fit was a little off for me...well maybe not so much the fit, but the style. It is a true shift, straight up and down, which is not a good look for me. It fit like a sack on me. Not for me, but I did like this dress a lot! 


LOVE
Wearing: Size small

I have wanted this dress for a while now, so I was thrilled to see it available in the store in my size. It didn't disappoint in real life! The fabric is lovely and not at all clingy. The colors are really fun and the print not too crazy. I would say it runs a tad big...I could probably size down to a xs, but didn't try that size. Maybe if I sized down, it wouldn't be quite as long either...I would be okay with the hemline coming up a couple inches. Overall, LOVE this dress. Will definitely be purchasing at some point (please go on sale soon!) 



LOVE
Wearing: Size 2

I have and love the same dress in the black and red print, so I knew I would love the same dress in the slightly tamer color. I can't say that I love this as much as the black version, but this one is a lot of fun and more suitable for daytime. I like that the lining underneath is another contrasting color. That is one of the best parts of the black dress...that pop of red underneath is so fun!


LIKE/LOVE
Wearing: size 2

This is a fun little dress! I bet a lot of you Anthro lovers will be rocking this one out on July 4th :) I am wearing a size 2 for some reason...maybe a size 4 wasn't available? It still fit, so you can probably size down. I was on the fence about loving this dress just because it is so simple but severely overpriced. I actually saw a very similar (yet definitely cheaper) version of this dress at F21. This dress does not need to be over $100, for sure! 


PASS
Wearing: size 4

I don't know why I decided to try on this dress, since it looked like the exact same cut of the Fountain of Youth dress (which I did not like either). When I saw it in the store, though, I noticed that the fabric was much softer and silkier than the FOY dress, so I decided to give it a shot. BAD idea. This dress was a hot mess on me. The bust was way loose, and the bottom was way tight on my hips and legs. Ew, just ew. 

I tried on some skirts too...pics and reviews to come later! 

No comments: