Friday, August 3, 2012

J.Crew Fitting Room: Tees and sweaters

Here are some of the tops I tried on from my latest visit: 


Wearing: Size small
LOVE

It was love at first sight when I spotted this top hanging in my store. These types of tops are always like gold to me, because the sweatshirt style makes it comfortable, but the design means I can wear it to school and be sneaky about how comfortable I am. I can see this looking so nice with bright, jewel-toned skirts. The outfit I'm wearing here (the Garment-dyed camp pants with black patent Mona pumps) looked so chic and put-together! I ended up purchasing this top. 


Wearing: Size small
LIKE

Still on the fence on how I feel about these sweaters. Of course I like the polka dots, but I'm not as big a fan of the larger dots. Plus, they kind of seem oddly spaced on this sweater to me. I like my patterns evenly placed and this one just looks off to me. I'm also on the fence about which color combo I like the best. I'm not much of a red/burgundy person, but how beautiful would this sweater look with an ochre pencil skirt? The gray/black combo is also beautiful. Time will tell if this ends up making it to my closet, but I'm not freaking out to get it right now. 

Tippi cardigan in colorblock (#21941)--not yet online

Wearing: Size small
LIKE

This is a brand-new arrival and really caught my eye as I was walking through the store. I think this color combo is gorgeous; it's an odd pairing but somehow makes sense when you see it. There was also a kelly green/navy version, but I didn't see that one until I was out of the fitting room. This fits well and is a flattering cut; the colorblocking is beautiful and will be an easy way to incorporate that trend this fall. It looked nice with the retro jade Cafe Capris (which I was expecting to hate on me and was surprised that I didn't). Overall a very lovely cardigan! 

Wearing: Size medium
LIKE

I grabbed a medium in this after reading reports that this top runs small; however, I could have stuck with a size small as this did feel a little loose on me. I also read reports that the material was stiff; I didn't find this to be the case at all. The material felt nice and the tee was comfortable on me. This could be a lot of fun to play around with and would be another top that would look great with some pretty jewel-toned skirts (I'm thinking bright purple?!) I'll wait on this for sale, but would love to add this to my closet! 


Wearing: Size small
LOVE

Oooh I loved this top, and was so surprised that I did! It was one of those pieces that I grabbed at the last minute to try on for the heck of it, and it ended up being one of my favorite pieces. The colors on this top just scream fall to me, and the white stripes give it a fresh look. This would be a great transitional piece between summer and fall. The material is thick, somewhere between a thick tee and a sweater, but it is not overwhelming. This is definitely wishlisted; I hope I will be able to snag it on sale! 

What do you think of these pieces? Anything you have your eye on? 



No comments: