Tuesday, February 26, 2013

J.Crew Reviews: two jackets and a tee

I'm back for the time being with a few quickie reviews. Two of these items are semi-new, and one is old, but of course will pop back from time to time in the sale section.

First up is the Lady Jacket in Blue Tweed


Wearing: Size 4

This is my first non-blazer jacket from J.Crew, and I love it! While it was certainly a gamble to buy this on final sale without ever having tried on this style, I felt sure enough that I could make it work. The 40% off the sale price didn't hurt either! ;) I absolutely love the color of the tweed. Cobalt is a color that works really well with what I already have in my wardrobe. This jacket will be equally cute with jeans or a pencil skirt, so very versatile. I don't find it at all boxy. Fit is tts; this is my usual size 4. 



Wearing: size XS

I slipped this into my 40% order with the above jacket since this tee was on promo (and still is) at the time. This was one that when it first came online, I thought, "meh...not for me." I saw it in-store and still had the same opinion. But then I tried it on and saw the potential for a great layering piece under blazers. This will look so, so cute under a navy blazer with any number of pencil skirt colors (I'm thinking veridian green, mustard, etc). Sorry I was too lazy to actually try on that outfit combo. I sized down in this tee and found it to fit perfectly. 


Wearing: size 4

This blazer has already been reviewed by the wonderful Rynetta at JCrewismyfavestore. When I saw this blazer at my nearest store, I instantly thought of Rynetta and our shared love of blazers and polka dots. It was a win-win! I imagine that this will be in the roll-out tomorrow, so those of you who are interested can get your hands on it then! This is a fab blazer. True to J.Crew's usual schoolboy style, my size 4 fit great. The background is a darker indigo; not denim but not as light as chambray. However, the fabric is lightweight. I think this will be a great layering piece, especially in the summer over knit dresses.

That's all for now! What do you think of these pieces? 

PS: As I mentioned in my last post, my OOTD posts have taken a back-burner for the time being. However, I have been posting some outfits and other random stuff on Instagram. If you want to follow me there, send me an email at musingsonmtn@gmail.com or leave a comment here (my Instagram username has my REAL name in it...don't want to plaster that all over the internet!)




No comments: