Sunday, May 26, 2013

J.Crew fitting room: a dress and some tops

Here's the rest of what I tried on this weekend: 

A-line ponte dress in colorblock

Wearing: Size 4
PASS

This colorblock version of the a-line ponte dress seems to be an in-store only item. I haven't really been a fan of the other iterations of the Ponte dress, and this one was really no different, even though I really liked how it looked hanging up. I love the material, but this style just does not work on my body type. I also thought the chest area was too loose and low for my tastes. If I tried a size down, the tummy area would've been too tight. However, I do like that this colorblock version does a better job at hiding the tummy than the others have in the past. 


 Wearing: Size xs
LIKE

WOW--I didn't even realize until I went to the website to grab the link that this top is selling for $118?!?!?! Talk about sticker shock! I'm glad I didn't fall in love with it! It's only fine; I mean, there's nothing hugely offensive about it but I didn't fall in love with it either. It's a nice top. However, this particular color was a little too close to my skin tone for my liking, and the back of it is totally knit and a little see-through, showing bra straps and everything else. Not what I'd expect from a $118 tee (because c'mon, it's really just a fancy tee.) 

 

Wearing: size 2
LIKE

I don't have the kind of body type to wear peasants tops well, but I tried this one on anyway to see if it was the exception to the rule. I ended up liking it more than I thought, but it was still only okay for me. First, it's a little too short for me, hitting right at my waistband. Second, the darts on the blouse are unfortunately placed. However, I twas pleasantly surprised that it did not end up making me look bigger, which is usually the problem with peasant tops. This one does a good job at toning down the poof-factor. 


Wearing: Size 2
LIKE

I tried this on just for funsies. Seems like every other blogger has worn this, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It's a lovely top, and the blue is a gorgeous shade. However, it's completely sheer! Even on sale, this top is not worth having to also wear a cami underneath it. 


And that wraps up the latest J.Crew fitting room reviews! Hope they have been helpful to some of you. 



No comments: